Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

8.12.2007

MOG-zilla

The woman despises me... and I don't really even know why. The only reason I've heard is something that happened almost 3 months ago, and that wasn't even anything that I did intentionally. And if you don't already know what that was, it was that I did not list their names on the wedding invitation (when I designed it on the internet, but had not ordered them yet)... I didn't mind putting their names on there (and had even already considered it), but I was definitely offended by her dramatic display of disapproval (which was directed at me, but through J and not to my face). And I do have to admit, that in response to her actions, her and I shared some words via email. But anyway, I thought we were past that... I thought it was all over, said and done. But I guess only I was over it. Now though, for whatever reason, it has resurfaced, and lately it has made our life a living hell. I don't even know what to do anymore... mainly because I don't think there IS anything I can do, and that is the most frustrating part of all this. She won't talk to me directly about any issues she has with me, poor J has to hear it all (which he doesn't deserve). And at lunch today (where I was obviously not welcomed) she wouldn't even look me in the eye. There's no sense in even trying to start a discussion about it with her... She's so self-centered that she can't even hear what anybody else has to say. And I can't get over the fact that she is so focused on herself and how much she has been "hurt" that she can't even see the effect that her selfish drama has on her very own "precious baby" son. The position that she puts J in in the middle of it all only infuriates me more. It has stressed me out to the point that I think I'm out of words to say about it. I just can't wail until he and I go meet with our counselor on Thursday... I never thought I'd look forward to counseling so much!

Any advice? I'll welcome any!

2 babbles:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I thought I was dealing with a crazy future MIL. Mine is just bossy. Sorry to hear about the frustrations. I hope she'll get over it and realize she should be thankful she's getting you as a DIL instead of some crazy girl.

Anonymous said...

Stand your ground!