Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

8.04.2008

Lazy Child

Forty weeks of pregnancy, and Connor appears to still be very content hanging out in my uterus! It already seems he may have inherited my "always running late for everything" gene. So needless to say, he's showing NO signs that he's anywhere near ready to move on out of there. We had a doctor visit today, and they hooked me up to the fetal monitor for a little while to make sure he's alright in there. He was being a little lazy (must have been napping), so after a few minutes the doctor came in and had to give him a buzz and wake him up. Just imagine a vibrator being buzzed against your abdomen... it tickles! But that got him moving and the doctor saw what he wanted to see, so the good news is he's doing just fine. So to sum it up: I'm not dilated or effaced at all (got a nice thick cervix going on); he hasn't dropped down into my pelvis (still floating around freely in there); and the fetal monitor showed that I'm not having any contractions yet. Unless something miraculously happens on its own before then, we're scheduled to go in to the hospital Sunday at 7pm for an induction. Jody is really encouraging Connor to come out on his own on Friday, 8/8/08. How awesome would that be if he was born on 8/8/08 and weighed 8 lbs, 8 ozs... I guess it's not too much to hope for the date, but the weight might be pushing our luck!

6 babbles:

Unknown said...

This is going to be a long week! I haven't been there myself, but if I were you I'd spend this week laying around and resting. :)

taylor said...

I could be resting... or nesting! :D

Unknown said...

Good luck, girl! He'll be here before you know it. Who is your doc?

Katy C. said...

One of my friends is going to be induced on 8/8/08 :o) I'll keep my fingers crossed Conner doesn't make you wait that long!

taylor said...

We tried to talk the doctor into an induction on 8/8/08, but he isn't able to schedule inductions on Fridays with the hospital... he said he only gets Mondays and Thursdays.

PrincessGreen17 said...

That would be cool!