Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

12.12.2006

Pet Peeve

Just because somebody wears scrubs, draws your blood, and/or works in a hospital or other healthcare setting does not mean they are a nurse! No offense to nurses, but I CAN'T STAND IT when I go somewhere in my scrubs, and somebody asks me if I am a nurse. Hellllooooo, people! Many, many other types of healthcare professionals play a role in patient care. Not to mention the fact that any moron can walk into a uniform store and buy a set of scrubs to wear around.

2 babbles:

Weather Girl said...

What gets on my nerves are daycare workers who wear scrubs everywhere, not just to work and home, making people think they actually went to college.

Wow.. this comment sounds mean. I promise I didn't intend for it to sound that bad.

BabyMakes4 said...

I wear scrubs to work and because of that and the fact that I'm a woman, people assume I'm a nurse (or a pharmacy tech). I have to remind people fairly frequently that I'm a pharmacist. But to be fair, people who aren't in the medical profession probably have no idea how many professions there are other than being a nurse or a doctor, you know? But I'm with you, I get really annoyed.