Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

9.11.2008

One Month

Happy One-Month birthday to Connor!

I can't believe how the time has flown by! And now I only have about 2 1/2 weeks left until I have to go back to work. :( So how is Connor? He's growing like a weed! When we left the hospital (day 3), he weighed 7 lbs., 0 oz. (he weighed 7 lbs., 12 ozs. at birth). At his 2-week doctor visit, he weighed 8 lbs., 1 oz. I'm interested to know what he weighs now... if I had to guess, I'd say probably somewhere around 9 pounds. We'll go to the doctor again at 6 weeks (and get his first immunizations then, too). We're at the point where the newborn-size diapers are almost too small, but the size 1 diapers are still a little big. But when we use up this box of diapers we're on now, we're going to the 1's anyway. He's trying very hard to lift his head up, and he's doing really well at it. He'll be holding it up all on his own very soon. And I'm sure it won't be much longer before we get a real smile from him... He smiles unintentionally sometimes, but I know we're very close to getting a genuine smile (I thought I had one the other day, but I haven't gotten him to repeat it since then so it must have been coincidental). He sleeps really well, and eats on an average of about every 3 hours. If he doesn't go to sleep after eating, he's hungry again after about 2-3 hours, but if he's napping well, he may go 4-5 hours between meals. Granted our schedule is a little whacky at the moment, we really only get up once during our sleep (Jody's and mine) to feed him. For the most part he's a pleasant baby, and even though we have some fussy spells here and there, fussiness really isn't a problem. His little umbilical cord stump finally fell off this past weekend (they said it would take about 2 weeks... HA!). And we took our first trip with him this past weekend to visit my parents (Mimi and Granddaddy) in New Albany. It just so happened to be Grandparents' Day (who knew?), and we took him to church for the first time. So that's where we are at our one-month birthday. Check out the pictures below!

This is me, Connor, and Jody one month ago yesterday. This picture was taken right before we left to go to the hospital on Sunday, August 10.


These last two pictures were taken about a week ago (he looks basically the same today), so you can see what he looks like at one month old!

3 babbles:

Ms. Fabrics said...

Hi Mandy,

I'm one of Sarah G's friends. Your baby is BEAUTIFUL. I'm so happy for you. I hope ours are as pretty and sweet!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you updated! I don't know when I'll get to meet Connor in person, so I need to get to "know" him through what you write about him!

BabyMakes4 said...

He's so cute!