Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

11.09.2005

Proud Mama

I had a busy (but exciting!) day at work today...




Last Thursday at work, we had an egg retrieval, and I got to do my first real (not practice) ICSI (aka Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection) on 2 oocytes! And you should understand that these 2 eggs were not good quality at all (appearance-wise, at least)... they were very homely! (Which is why I got to inject them.. because they were so crappy-looking.) Well, only one of the two fertilized, but it developed very nicely, and then today it was a beautiful blastocyst! That meant that it had to be cryopreserved (frozen) today because this lady already had her embryo transfer on Sunday. I was just so proud that an egg that I injected (and an ugly one at that) went all the way to form a gorgeous blastocyst!

So, since I did so well with that ICSI, I got to do it again on our case that we had today. I only injected one egg today, and it wasn't quite so homely-looking, but we'll just have to see in the morning if it fertilized or not.

1 babbles:

Anonymous said...

Today I entered some numbers into a spreadsheet, and corrected some sales reports.

Your job is so cool. :)