I went to a wedding Saturday evening with Jody and his mother. It was at Dunleith Plantation in the heart of Natchez, MS, and it was like a dream wedding in the Old South complete with horsedrawn carriage, 90 degree heat (at 6:30 pm), and 98% humidity! It really was a beautiful wedding, but the ceremony and reception party were outside, and it had rained earlier in the day, causing it to be terribly humid and sticky! As dreamy as it was, no wedding in the heart of the deep South should be held outside between the months of May and September! Everybody was sticky and sweaty, and in fact, the wedding programs were printed on paper fans. But even though we sweated and my hair 'fro-ed out and tried to do the wave (after fixing it so perfectly straight and smooth), we still had a pretty good time. I didn't take any pictures of the ceremony or the wedding party (I didn't know the bride and groom), but Jody's Mom wouldn't let us get away without taking a picture of us.

I may have had a more natural smile in the pics if Jody had not been pinching my butt! And once again, I remind you that we were sweaty and sticky, and my once straight and smooth hair had taken a mind of its own in the humidity. I guess we probably should've taken our pictures before the wedding while my hair may have still looked halfway decent. After the pictures, it immediatly went into a ponytail!
6.19.2006
Ol' Deep South Wedding
Posted by taylor at 6:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 babbles:
Oh shut up, your hair looks fine! :)
I'd say it looks pretty good under those conditions!
Aww! What a cute couple!
i've been meaning to tell you that i really like that dress. and you and jody look so sweet together. :)
Post a Comment