Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

6.20.2006

Speeding Guilt

I've been shopping for auto insurance today. I've still been on my parents' policy and (supposed to be) paying them for it, but they are about to be changing companies and aren't going to include me on the new policy. It's time to be on my own, anyway. I've been looking on the internet, requesting quotes from various companies. Why do they have to make you feel so guilty and list all the details of all traffic violations in the last 3-5 years? I feel sure that secretly, the insurance companies are laughing at me and saying, "HAHA, yeah right! You want US to insure you??!" Okay, so I've only had 3 speeding tickets in the last three years, but they were all three last year (and two were in one day)! I'm glad that they eventually go off your record because there were several others in the 4 years that I was in college. Then, not only do you have to list traffic violations, but also accidents that you've been involved in. We all remember the lovely little head-on collision that I experienced back at the end of October and the frustrations that I endured while being car-less (well, in a rental car) for 6 weeks, and then they finally decided to total my car. And on top of all that, the accident was NOT my fault! But they don't care about that. Why should that affect my rate when it wasn't my fault, and I could not have avoided it? Auto insurance sucks, and it costs way too much!!

3 babbles:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't seem like an accident that wasn't your fault should count against you. Now, that fistful of speeding tickets might be another story... ;)

Anonymous said...

It shouldn't affect your rate! Are they trying to charge you with it?

taylor said...

okay, so i don't really know that they're using it against me.... but how would i know? they make me report it.