F*#$ing blogger... I get so mad at it sometimes how it will
only let you upload so many pics in one post... okay, so anyway...
Saturday, the plan was to get up early and get some beignets at Cafe du Monde, but we didn't quite wake up early like we'd hoped. But we did make it to lunch at Cafe Maspero's, and spent the afternoon walking around the French Market and then toured back down Rue Royal window shopping in the antique stores on the way back to the hotel.
We ate a fabulously delicious (and expensive!) dinner at the Bourbon House, and did a lot more walking around up and down Bourbon Street. After dinner, we spent a while at the Tropical Isle enjoying some famous
Hand Grenades, and then just hit some random places along Bourbon Street the rest of the night.
Today, the plan was (once again) to wake up early enough to get some beignets at Cafe du Monde before heading home (I had to be back by 5:00pm to pick up the dogs from the kennel), but by the time we got up and got ready to go, got checked out of the hotel and waited almost an hour for the valet to bring my car down, we didn't have time for beignets. :'( Sorry Cafe du Monde, maybe next time. So, then we were going to have plenty of time to stop at Middendorf's and eat some awesome seafood for lunch on the way back home. That is, until we drove for 45 minutes in the wrong direction on I-10... We reached Mississippi on the way to Bay St. Louis before we realized that we should've gotten on I-10 in New Orleans going WEST (not East) to get to I-55! So we had to turn around, and take I-12 for like almost an hour to go through Hammond and finally make it to I-55. I was so pissed! I decided that I had to call the kennel and just have the dogs stay an extra day so that we could go back south on I-55 for about 15 miles and eat at Middendorf's. The rest of the trip had been so great, that I just couldn't let today be ruined completely. Once we finally made it home, it had taken us more than 5 hours from the time we left the hotel!
7.09.2006
More Big Easy
Posted by taylor at 9:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 babbles:
Sounds like fun! I LOVE Middendorf's and Cafe du Monde! On our last trip, we made Cafe du Monde, but missed Middendorf's. :( I am so ready to go back since it's all starting to get back to normal now!
I-12 from Slidell (I-10) to I-55 seems like the longest stretch of interstate ever, eventhough its only about 40 miles. That is the worst part of the drive from my parent's house to Derek's parent's house.
Post a Comment