Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

1.25.2008

12 weeks



Here is baby! Sweet Pea is getting so big... Today, he/she is almost 6 cm long! And the heartbeat was 174.. nice and healthy! Today's ultrasound was the most amazing so far. Pea was moving around so much, like almost doing a little dance inside my uterus! It was just so awesome to see Pea moving like that! We had a hard time getting a good picture because he/she was moving so much and on top of that was in sort of an awkward position. And the picture doesn't compare to how it looked on the screen... we could see face and hands and feet (which you can sort of see in the picture). The head is down towards the bottom of the picture, by the way, and you can see one little hand and the feet... I can also make out an ear and a nose when I look hard.

The reason the doctor did an ultrasound this time was because he said that a lot of times at 12 weeks, they have a hard time picking up the heartbeat with the doppler. And when they can't hear it with the doppler, they have to do an ultrasound (and by then, mom is panicking that something is wrong). So he likes to do an ultrasound to hear/see the heartbeat and also just to check that everything looks normal because a lot of miscarriages happen between 8 and 12 weeks. And I had no complaints about having an ultrasound! I won't have one next time (at 16 weeks), but at 20 weeks, we will have another one to see if it's a boy or girl! If only I didn't have to wait so long... it's killing me!!

0 babbles: