Tomorrow is our next doctor visit... and with no insurance! Great, huh? See, I left my old job December 28, which meant my insurance was good through December 31. I started my new job January 7, and consequently by the time I was able to apply for the insurance, it put me with an effective date of March 1. Wonderful! Two months with no insurance... makes me very uneasy. I could pay for COBRA, the insurance they offered to cover the gap when I left the old, but it's so expensive it's not worth it. Therefore, paying for tomorrow's visit will be all on us (and hopefully less costly than paying for a month of COBRA). At least the first doctor visit was covered on the old insurance, and the next visit and all following ones will be covered on the new insurance. I picked a fine time to change jobs! But even though it's created a bit of a hassle, it has been SO worth the job change just to be gone from that God-forsaken place! So, I suppose we can handle it... it's only one doctor visit.
PS... The good news is we will have new pictures tomorrow!! :D
1.24.2008
Where's my Medicaid when I need it?
Posted by taylor at 8:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 babbles:
Why are you having another ultrasound? Is this your first official ultrasound? Just wondering. We had to pay for one because our insurance only covered one. I hope your appointment isn't too expensive!
This is my third ultrasound, but my second official ultrasound. I know my old insurance covered 2, but I'm not sure how many my new insurance will cover... although I'm pretty sure it will be at least 2, if not 3. Today's was not covered by any insurance, so any remaining ultrasound should be covered by the new insurance.
Post a Comment