Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

7.27.2005

Hump Day

Happy Hump Day! Halfway through with the work week. Yay! Except that when I get done with this work week, I get to keep on working straight through the weekend and on through next week. :( But it's ok... I still enjoy knowing that this week is almost over and that even though I will have to work the weekend, I will be at a different place than my normal, everyday job.
I haven't posted in a while, so let me see what I've done in the past week... Oh yeah...
My grandmother came and stayed with me Thursday and Friday nights last week (oh joy of joys). Notice the tone of unexcitement in my voice. So after she finally made it to my house and I was given the options of Cindy's, Penn's, and I suggested Cock of the Walk (all three are fried catfish places), we went to eat at Cock of the Walk Thursday night. Then it was to Abner's Friday night (Chick-fil-a was the other option I was given). She apparently loves fried catfish and fried chicken tenders. Saturday, we drove to Hattiesburg to my aunt's house for what was basically a family reunion of some sort. That was pretty fun. Then it was time to get back to Jackson so dear Mimi could move along and get to Doris's (her kinda "boyfriend" I guess you could say) house. Thank goodness she was staying with him Saturday and Sunday nights because I had had my fill. Then, I had a "date" (as Mimi called it) with Adam Saturday night, and we just went to Buffalo Wild Wings and ate wings, had a couple of the big draft beers, and played some trivia.
Sunday morning, I actually made an appearance at church, and Adam came along with me where he also had the opportunity to meet my mom and grandmother (I told Mimi to be nice to him and not scare him away). Then after church, we went to lunch at the Haute Pig in Madison. And even after Mimi's interrogation, he doesn't seem to have been scared away. At least he hasn't run off yet! Mimi and Mama actually told me later that he seems like a very nice guy. :) Hopefully he'll stick around for a while.
So that was my fun-filled weekend. Sorry Sarah... my weekend sounds kinda lame compared to yours with AL and the demolition derby! But it really was a good weekend, though. And the best thing about it was... that I didn't have to work! :)

3 babbles:

Anonymous said...

Your grandmother's boyfriend is named Doris???

Your weekend sounds a lot like my usual fare. This past weekend was definitely an exception!

taylor said...

Yep.. Doris. Just remember he's 80 years old. Maybe 80 years ago he would not have been tortured at school because of his name but I think today he would be.

BabyMakes4 said...

doesn't your grandmother have to eat at abner's everytime she comes to town? sounds like a trying couple of nights. i am glad adam made it through the interrogation. post a picture!!