Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10.25.2005

767

This was my first Estradiol (a.k.a. E2) level today, on day 5 of my stimulation meds. I know it doesn't mean much to anybody, but I am proud of it because it means that I should have a boatload of follicles growing on my ovaries! Just to give you an idea, we generally like the first E2 (always taken on day 5 of stimulation) to be at least 100. Anything less than 100 is not good, and a lot of times, those cases are cancelled. 767 is really on the high side of what they like to see, because there is a concern of hyperstimulation, but they may later decide to decrease my dosage to help prevent me being hyperstimulated. Thursday, I will have my blood E2 level tested again and they will do an ultrasound to get an estimate of how many follicles I have and how they are progressing. The E2 should be more on Thursday because it rises as the follicles grow. When they reach a certain size, they will be ready to have my egg retrieval. So maybe this will all be over with early next week. :) It's getting a little tiresome giving myself all these shots.

Other news... I FINALLY got a rental car today... HALLELUJAH!!! I'm hoping to find out in the next day or 2 the liability decision of the other person's insurance company. They should find themselves to be 100% liable... if not (which is my biggest fear right now) then something is wrong because in no way was this accident my fault.

2 babbles:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are okay. Do you think they will be able to fix your vehicle?
I'm glad you are doing so well on your homones too. Do you feel more emotional now or anything (due to the extra hormones)? It is very sweet of you to help a couple who wants children so badly.

Anonymous said...

So, um... how many follicles (when do they start being called "eggs") will be retrieved? Like, 5? Or 50?