This is the new pad at 2103 Washington Avenue. My mom nicknamed it the "Pink Palace" because just about everything about it is pink. Although it is not pink on the outside, all of the decor inside is pink... and not just any pink, but that lovely shade of mauve (with hints of country blue). Isn't it lovely? It is a nice, old (old is the key word) "fifth wheel" that was donated to the American Family Association and then somehow made its way to my parents. But nevertheless, it is better than nothing, and it really wouldn't be all that bad if only the refrigerator worked. It would be a pretty nice
thing to actually "camp" in, but to live in it, it gets a little cramped. But anyway, a church member has offered a rental house for them to live in. It only got about a foot of water in it, and a church group from Daphne, Alabama has made it their project to work on the house to get it fixed and ready for them to move in. But it will still be a little while before it will be ready. So as if you couldn't already tell, I went to Ground Zero (Pascagoula) over the weekend... I took off on Friday, and although I was excited about having 3 days off (Friday + the weekend) to spend around my house, I really felt like I needed to go visit my parents. I think they needed it, too. So I was glad to have an extra day to spend the time with them. They were really glad that I came, and I was, too. I really wanted to post to my blog last week, but I just never found the time, and then I was without internet all weekend. So I'm sorry to my readers!
Here's an update from last week... It was a very uneventful and for the most part boring week at work, but Thursday was pretty exciting. First, I got to take a field trip from work to go see Dr. Isaacs and get ready to be an egg donor. That was interesting... I got to practice giving myself a shot, and then I got to take a tour of my reproductive organs via ultrasound. I saw my uterus and my ovaries, and it was neat-O! And then I got to eat lunch with my good friend, Bridget, while I was there. :) Then, Thursday night after I got out of class, Anna Leigh and I went out to try to meet us some doctors and lawyers. ;) Actually, we had already been planning on going out Thursday night, and then my friend, Jay, called while I was in class and invited us to go to this "Ambulance Chaser" hurricane benefit party at Hal and Mal's. It was a joint effort between the Mississippi College School of Law and University of MS Medical Center students. We had a pretty good time, although we didn't really meet any doctors or lawyers. But it was definitely fun to go out! :)


3 babbles:
Are you going to be an egg donor?
To who? A friend or someone random? How did this come about?
yeah, i'm going to be an anonymous egg donor, so i don't know the couple who is trying to have a baby. i work in an IVF lab so that's how i found out doing it, and i'm just doing it because i want to. but i'm not doing it at the place where i work because i wanted to do it anonymously.
ps - my post on september 15 tells all about it!
Post a Comment