Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10.23.2005

Hormonal and Without a Ride

Say "bye bye" to the Xterra... Although this is not a great picture, this is what my Xterra looked like earlier this afternoon. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me this evening to take an "after" picture, but just imagine the whole front end all crunched up, and you'll have a pretty good idea of what it looks like now. I was on my way to pick up my pizza from Papa John's when some crazy woman pulled right out in front of me to cross my lanes of traffic. I hit her dead on in her passenger side. She swore up and down that she looked and she didn't see anything coming, but I didn't just pop up out of nowhere, and I'm no magic trick, so I'm still baffled at how she failed to see me. She was so close to me when she pulled out in front of me that I think if she had waited a split second more then she would've hit the side of my car. I mean I had no time to react at all and nowhere to go but into the side of her car. But anyway, no one was injured, although both of my airbags deployed and hit me in the face so that hurt a little. I think my neck and shoulders will be sore tomorrow because I'm already starting to feel it in my shoulders, but that could also be from stress. I was on the phone with my dad when it happened, so I just imagine his horror when he heard me screaming in the phone and then the call was dropped. But he called me right back and found out I was okay, so he didn't have a heart attack or anything. I'm just so mad at that stupid woman!!! It was all her fault, and how on Earth could she not have seen me?! I'm just really glad that I wasn't driving a brand new car, or I would really be IRATE. The whole reason that I hadn't bought a new car was because I really liked my car and there was nothing wrong with it... but the key word is "was." Now it will sit in a shop for 2 or 3 weeks while it is fixed to be like new. I just don't know if it will really be the same, but I hope so. However, one good (?) thing came out of all this.... I can't go to work tomorrow. It will be nice to have a day at home to relax and maybe get some stuff done around here. The bad thing is that I don't have a way to go anywhere... :(

On another note, I did start my stimulation drugs yesterday like I was supposed to. Now I'm having to do 4 shots a day... 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening: Follistim twice a day, Lupron still once in the morning, and Repronex once in the evening. It's all going good, and the shots aren't bad except for the Repronex. They are all subcutaneous injections (short needle, given in the tummy or the thigh), but apparently I have a reaction to the Repronex so I'm probably going to have to start giving it IM (intramuscular) in my hip (LONG needle... YUCK!). Other than that, it's no big deal. I feel like my abdomen is already bloated and poking out, but I don't feel my ovaries yet, so maybe I'm really just retaining water right now.

Anyway, that's all I've got to talk about tonight, and I'm so exhausted right now that I'm about to pass out, so I'm gonna go hit the sack. See y'all later...

2 babbles:

Anonymous said...

Oh no Mandy your poor car!! Poor you! Did you even get your pizza? Ugh, what a sucky weekend. I'm glad your eggs didn't get injured in the accident. :) Plus of course I'm glad you're fine.

BabyMakes4 said...

how terrible!! and how weird that something like that would happen after you deciding to keep your Xterra. Will they really be able to fix it?
I'm glad you are ok too...stupid drivers should be put in jail. What will you do for a car until your ride is fixed?