Well, Saturday, I never made it to Hancocks or Hobby Lobby. I took the stuff to Goodwill, then I went to the mall and spent some much-needed quality time in Express. I got three new shirts (only one was on "sale" and it wasn't much of a sale). I cut up my card a while back, and just paid it off last month, but if you have your driver's license, they can look up your account number and you can still use it! They make it way too easy to charge things to your Express account! Anyway, I didn't make it to Hobby Lobby or Hancocks because Adam called while I was at the mall, and we decided to run go catch the matinee show of the 40 Year-Old Virgin. By the way, I loved it! It was hilarious, and really still had a good message even though the whole movie was about a guy trying to get laid. I still wouldn't recommend it for children though because of the language and some sexual content.
So about my "projects"... I really don't have anything special in mind. I just really want to find some material that I like because I want to make a cover for my futon mattress. I'm sick of the plain black mattress, and black doesn't work well with 4 pets that live in the house! That's really all I have in mind right now. I also have a pattern for this throw thing that is meant to cover a sofa, and it looks pretty cool in the picture, but I'm not sure how easy it will actually be to make. But I'm also broke right now, so I really don't need to be spending a bunch of money on fabric anyway. So I may just wait a little while before I really go buy anything.
Yesterday, I decided to try to finish mowing my yard at 1:30 in the afternoon on the hottest day we've had all year, and what I heard this morning was the hottest day on record in the last 5 years! It was 101 degrees with a heat index of 110! WOW! Needless, to say, I got overheated and had to quit and come inside to cool off. That is the third time in a week that I had attempted to mow my yard and not been able to do it all. Apparently it is not in my stars to mow the yard! Last Monday, I waited till about 7:30pm so it wouldn't be so hot, and when I got out there and started mowing, it looked like it was going to storm, and it was lightning all around. I continued to mow though until it was too dark to see very good. (It didn't rain on me, and somehow I miraculously avoided being struck by lightning.) So Thursday, I got out there to try to finish what I didn't get mowed on Monday. Once again, I waited till about 7:30pm so it wouldn't be so hot, and once again, it started wanting to storm with lightning everywhere. I tried to crank the mower, but couldn't get it and didn't try long with it till I decided to wait about mowing. God was gracious enough to let me live through the lightning on Monday, so I shouldn't risk it again (even though it wasn't raining)! So that's when I tried once again yesterday. I wanted to get outside and get a little sun anyway, but this time I got about halfway done and had to quit because I was about to have a heat stroke! It is just too damn hot!! Maybe someday eventually I'll be able to mow the rainforest that is now growing in my backyard!
8.22.2005
HOT
Posted by taylor at 11:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 babbles:
i hid inside all day. it was way too hot to go out! our heat index was somewhere around 110 degrees too...yuck.
Come on fall, and football season.
Post a Comment