Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

9.10.2005

2103 Washington Avenue ...Not Exactly Home Sweet Home

Okay, so last weekend, I ended up not being able to go to Dallas because of the major gas shortage thanks to Hurricane Katrina. (By the way, to those of you not in Mississippi.... there REALLY was a shortage, not just an unnecessary panic. You couldn't get it anywhere, and if a gas station actually had electricity, when they would get gas, there would be a line to wait in for 2-3 hours.) My heart was broken because I was so looking forward to seeing Dave Matthews. But on the other hand, I was so thankful to have to opportunity to go be with my parents. Adam stayed at my house with the dogs so I could make the trip. (Thank you so much, Adam!) So anyway, here are some pics of what things were like....

It doesn't really look that bad from here, but you can't really tell what the house looks like in this picture because of the huge tree that is laying in front of the house. From the ceiling down, the house was basically completely gutted. Here is a pic of the back of the house...


This is the house next door, so we really do feel lucky.

This is what you encounter as you drive down Washington Avenue.

Just down the street a little ways...

The church did not have quite the damage like we did at the house, but it was flooded really bad (apparently the water came up to the floor of the second story). But we did have a church service Sunday morning in the parking lot of the church. We arrived in style via a four-wheeler pulling a trailer...


Blogger won't let me put all the pics I want on this one post, so this will be continued....

0 babbles: