Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

9.12.2005

Must be the half moon...

I don't know what the big deal is about having a real relationship with somebody. Why are guys so freakin' scared of it?? I mean, it has only been a couple of months since I've even known the guy, so it's not like I'm ready to marry him or to even say the "L" word to him. Yet he has suddenly freaked out. What is the deal?!

Okay, so I did offer for him to keep a key to my house (and I did not pressure him whatsoever), and that may not have been the reason for the freak-out, but apparently that means a whole lot more to him than it does to me. To me, all that means is that I trust him enough to have access to me and my house and my stuff... not that I want him to move in with me or that I expect a proposal or anything. But then again, I guess I can be way too trusting of people...

And if I want to introduce him to my parents, then all that means to me is that I think he is nice enough of a guy to feel comfortable about my parents getting to know him a little... their opinions are important to me. Meeting the folks doesn't mean that I'm expecting to get married next.

Apparently it has just been a bad weekend for love and not just for me. Must be the half moon...

Would somebody please get me another Fantastic Jason? Or another chocolate martini would be great too!

P.S. Don't forget to buckle up tonight!

4 babbles:

Anonymous said...

Don't talk about the fact that you're losing your roommate and you have to get your own place next year... apparently that is hinting that you want to move in together!!!!

taylor said...

apparently so! it is crazy how guys take things we say so differently than we intended them to be! i think maybe they are looking for excuses.

Natalie said...

It seems we can't talk about ANYTHING without them taking it wrong! Its not us girls, its them! See my blog for translations.

P.S. And what kind of guy breaks up with a girl after her parents lose everything in a hurricane?? I wish i could make it there with some stuff I have!

taylor said...

well, i wouldn't want him hanging around though just out of pity... if you don't want to date me then go on!