Ok, so back at the end of April, I got pulled over by JPD (the Jackson popo for those who don't know) for speeding... 75 in a 60. I had been going like 80, so luckily I had slowed down a little bit when he got me. It was an officer on a motorcycle, and I knew he was gonna get me when he was pointing at me as I drove by him (he was stopped under the bridge at County Line on I-55 N). He gave me a ticket for the speeding of course, but he was, however, nice enough to not write me a ticket for not having a current proof of insurance with me, so I have to give that to him. Thanks Mr. black motorcycle policeman. Then, later that same afternoon as I was on my way to Pascagoula, I got pulled over again for speeding (thanks to Perry County highway patrol... it's Perry County, what else better do they have to do there than catch speeding motorists on highway 98?). No, apparently I didn't learn from the first occurance earlier in the day. This guy, however, was not nice enough to let me go with only having an expired insurance card. (What a jackass.) It wasn't my fault that my current card was at my parents' house halfway across the state, and nobody had thought to mail it to me when it came to them. So anyway, that's besides the point. I paid the Perry Co. ticket ($120 by the way) and got out of paying the insurance ticket by mailing them a copy of my current card.
The JPD ticket, on the other hand, was a different story. Ok, so you're supposed to call the phone number on the ticket to find out how much you owe, right? Well, (601)960-1932 gets you an automated thing where you enter your ticket number to find out the amount of your fine. So for the past 3 months, I've been calling this number periodically, and all I ever get when I enter my ticket number is this voice telling me that "a valid ticket number was not entered - please enter a valid ticket number of six or more digits." I try again, and the same thing. I just assumed that that officer had not filled up his book of tickets yet and turned them in so they didn't have mine on file yet. Sometimes it can take forever, you know. Well, the court date on the ticket was June 20-something, but I wasn't worried about it because I figured my they didn't have my ticket yet. Well, I go on vacation in July and the next week, my dad calls me, and he's got this letter that came addressed to me in Pascagoula saying that this is the FINAL NOTICE PRIOR TO ARREST WARRANT, and if I don't pay my overdue fine within 10 days of the date on the letter, then there will be a warrant issued for my arrest!! By the way, this letter was dated July 5, and it took more than 2 weeks to reach Pascagoula because it was addressed to our old Madison address and had gone all over the state being forwarded to my parents! I mean, WHAT THE HELL?! Stupid f*%#ing JPD. So then I give the old 960-1932 number a try again, and what do I get but the same message! Finally, I find a button to press that gets me to an actual somebody, and when I explain my situation to this underpaid person who doesn't give a damn, she says "oh yeah the automated thing doesn't work, it hasn't worked for a while now." WHAT?! I proceed to tell her that they need to get that fixed or turn it off or something if it's not working (like she cares), and she just says "ok ma'am thank you" and hangs up. I am just IRATE about this whole stupid thing. I would've paid the f*#%ing fine 3 months ago and avoided a warrant being issued for my arrest AND an additional $25 warrant fee being added to the already whopping speeding fine of $163.50 if I'd known that the stupid phone system wasn't working properly!!!!! I mean, if they know that the system isn't working, why don't they either fix it or turn it off and just answer the damn phone! HOW RIDICULOUS IS THAT?! I'm sure I'm not the only person in Jackson who's been trying to pay a ticket in the last 4 or more months. So when I finally mailed my check today, I included a nice little note telling them their problems, although I'm sure that the person opening my envelope is also an underpaid uncaring person who won't give a damn, but at least it'll give them a nice little laugh before they throw it in the trash can. And at least now (and especially after posting this long-ass thing to my blog), I feel a little better having vented my frustrations!
MORAL OF THE STORY: Watch your speed, or you'll drain your bank account paying for your tickets (and the increased insurance rates that will come later)!
8.10.2005
Go to hell, JPD
Posted by taylor at 8:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 babbles:
Truly maddening. I'm sure I would be irate too. But now that it's all taken care of, is it okay if I laugh a little? By the way you're the first friend of mine (that I know of) to have a warrant out for their arrest. Way cool.
Go ahead and laugh, because it really is funny now. It must be cool to be friends with an outlaw. :)
if you are the biggest outlaw of all of our friends, i guess we have some pretty straight-laced friends, huh? lol. i'm sorry for your terrible experience...i would be so angry too. but if sarah can laugh, can i laugh too? it is kind of funny that you sent them a lovely little note that they will not be happy to read.
lol. you can laugh, too. we do have some pretty straight-laced friends! remember in high school when we stole the H? haha.. we were so bad!
-- you aren't the only one who's had a cop and a warrant for arrest lol.. Franklin Co Highway patrol hate me ^_^ 2 tickets in 1 yr.. not like 2 tickets in one day--
Just remember, it could always be worse..
Post a Comment