Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10.06.2005

Down Regulation

Well, this is it... my last pre-menopausal day for the next 2 weeks. In the morning, I'll give myself my first injection of Lupron, and I'll start feeling like I'm in menopause. What the Lupron does is keep my pituitary gland from communicating with my ovaries so that they basically are shut down. Then, 2 weeks from tomorrow, I'll go back to the doctor and they'll check to make sure that my ovaries are suppressed, and then I'll start the stimulation. So, anyway, I'm really excited about doing this whole thing, but I'm also a little nervous at the same time. I just hope I do good!

3 babbles:

Anonymous said...

Well, if my mother's a reliable source, those hot flashes can be a real bitch! Hope they're not too bad for you... ;)

Lora Leigh said...

So are you giving your egg to another female for her to have a baby?

Do you plan to have kids someday?

Is there a chance that this will affect that?

taylor said...

yes, i'll be giving a few of my eggs to another woman so she can (hopefully) have a baby. i do plan on someday having kids, but this shouldn't have any effect on my future plans. i should have plenty of eggs left for myself. :)