Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

3.02.2006

Lent

Everyone else is posting about Lent, so I think I will, too. I usually try to go to church on Ash Wednesday, and I really wanted to go last night, but I couldn't because I had class and didn't get out in time. Although I did go to the pancake supper on Tuesday night in celebration of Fat Tuesday, and I went ravenous on some pancakes... they were awesome! I guess that doesn't count though for Ash Wednesday. But even though I couldn't go to church, I always try to give up something. This year I'm doing the same thing I've done the last couple of years which is give up fast food (except for Subway because it's not that bad for you). I really should probably give up something that I really enjoy like my daily Diet Coke, but like chocolate is to Sarah, Diet Coke is second to breathing for me. I think everybody that has to put up with me would much rather me drink the Diet Coke than to give it up. I also could give up dessert, but that, too, is a necessary part of every meal. You just can't finish up a meal without even a bite of something sweet... That would be a sin! So fast food, it is. Here are some other things that I'm giving up, but I've given them up for year-round, not just Lent:

~exercise... all that cardiac activity might make my heart wear out faster. The more I rest and the more naps I take, the longer I'll live!

~eating healthy... it's just too hard to do, even after giving up fast food. Why would I waste all the time and energy cooking a nice, nutritious meal just for myself? Mac and cheese and Totino's Party Pizzas are all I need to get by (plus they're cheap)!

~sex (apparently)... well, I guess I could still get sex fairly easily if I wanted to, so maybe here I should instead say that I'm giving up ever having a meaningful relationship with a special man. Any wonderful single men out there?? Nope.. they're already taken already.

~my sanity... what kind of sane person works 2 jobs (1 full-time + 1 part-time) and goes to school full-time? Maybe this is why my social life is struggling lately... You think?

3 babbles:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I am posting a link to you on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm a single wonderful man.

taylor said...

well who (and where) are you then?