Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

12.08.2005

From Bert to Bertha

Well, my cat, Bert, has been in the vet hospital for over a week and a half now. He's had problem with urinary tract blockage, and he hasn't been able to pee, so he's had to stay at the vet with a catheter in. He's had this problem before and it took some time, but he eventually got better on his own. But this time, after a week and a halft it had not resolved on its own, so Bert had surgery today... Basically he had a sex change to try to help fix his problem. Poor thing... I miss him so much, and I hate that he's had to go through all this. But Dr. Adams felt like the surgery went really well, and thinks that he (or she? or it?) should recover nicely. I guess technically Bert would not be a "she" because he lacks the female parts, but he is definitely not male because he is now lacking the male parts. Poor baby. Hopefully, as long as he keeps doing well, he'll be able to come home on Saturday.

0 babbles: