Today I found out that my ex-boyfriend is getting married.... I'm over him, but why does it bother me so much? Maybe because not even a year ago we were talking about getting married? In January, he told me that he wanted to get married and that he saw us being engaged by May. But in March we broke up. Fine. It was tough, but I knew it was for the best, and part of me was actually relieved. Then he started seeing his high-school girlfriend again, and today I found out that they are living together and getting married in April. I guess there's something about me that makes guys want to get married.... to the next girl, not me. This is the third serious boyfriend in a row who has married the next girl they've dated. And I've only had three serious boyfriends! But this one bothers me more than the other ones for some reason. My first ex to get married was my high school boyfriend that I dated forever. But his getting married didn't bother me at all... maybe because it had been so long after we broke up. The next ex married the girl after he knocked her up, and I was already fed up with his crap anyway so I didn't care what the hell they did. It was no surprise to me that she got pregnant.... She'd already dropped out of high school and gotten kicked out of her parents' house (she was 17, he was 24). But the most current serious ex was I guess the one I thought most seriously about marrying. It's not like I want him back or wish I were in her shoes, but I don't know what it is. It's just plain weird.
12.02.2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 babbles:
I understand feeling weird. I hadn't seen J. in years and I still felt weird when I found out he'd gotten married.
Chely Wright has a song about this, "I Got Him Ready For You." She had FOUR boyfriends marry the next girl after her!!!
apparently there's something about me that gets guys ready to marry... the next girl, not me. when will it be my turn?
It could be worse....you could have actually married the a**hole....and then he decided to NEXT you! Good Times.
in the words of alanis morrissette... you live, you learn, you love, you learn, you cry, you learn, you lose, you learn....
Post a Comment